Allie May in Cocoa - URGENT

Information for first time users - registration, posting pictures, testing, suggestions, etc.
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Allie May in Cocoa - URGENT

Post by Lady of the Lake »

URGENT! Does anyone know who owns PDQ s/v Allie May? I just received this email:

Hi, I am trying to locate the owners of the Sailing Cat "Allie-May". They are located in Cocoa Florida. The Allie-May is foundering against the Oleander Pointe harbor docks. I just want to get a message to the owners.
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Allie-May
1st mate
1st mate

Re: Allie May in Cocoa - URGENT

Post by Allie-May »

Fish and Game contacted me yesterday to notify me of the trouble. I went out there yesterday and got her moved. Luckily she only suffered minor scuffs on the port side from a piling which should buff out. Another 10 feet and it could have been another story.

I spoke to the person who noticed her dragging. He says the boat was slowly dragging towards the dock on Wednesday and Thursday due to the high winds. When I was out there it was blowing 25 knots and it was apparently higher earlier in the day. I'm very fortunate he took action and started contacting various message boards along with government agencies to find me. He contacted the Coast Guard but for some reason the Coast Guard was either unable or unwillingly to reach out to me. He also got a hold of local authorities and worked with a Fish and Game deputy. The deputy was able to use a few different databases to find my Florida Fishing License which had my phone number.

A good take away from all this is to make sure your contact info is up to date with as many agencies as possible.

Saturday is also supposed to have high winds. I swapped the Fortress for the Rocna and laid out 10:1. I backed down hard with both engines plus the 20-25 knot wind and didn't budge. Hopefully Allie-May is done plowing the ICW.
James & Allison
36019 - Allie-May
Cocoa, FL
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Re: Allie May in Cocoa - URGENT

Post by Lady of the Lake »

That is great news! Again the boating community leads the way in helping one another, now if we could get the general public to adopt the same behavior :-)
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL