PDQ 32 Graphics for sail and hull

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Altair.
Aurora
deckhand
deckhand

PDQ 32 Graphics for sail and hull

Post by Aurora »

Does anyone have electronic files of the PDQ 32 graphics?

I searched here and didn't see anything specific to the PDQ 32.

Right now, I am specifically looking for the graphic that is on the PDQ32 mainsail, but my boat job list includes replacing the PDQ32 Altair vinyl graphics, as well (one day). So, I'd love to see any graphics anyone has!

I have the original mainsail, and I know we can recreate the sail graphic ourselves if needed.

After a successful attempt at sewing our first asymmetrical spinnaker from a Sailrite kit last year, we have decided to make a new mainsail this winter. I have ordered our hull number to put on the sail. The kit is on its way. I now own an $85 mallet (really??) and I am ready to take on the hardware in this sail...I hope. The $1000 Sailrite sewing machine has easily paid for herself after making our own stack pack, dodger, spinnaker, and several other smaller projects over the last few years.

There is nothing like going from a non-sewer to sailing downwind less than two years later under a beautiful spinnaker (well, if you like purple) that I made myself! Plus, sailmaking and sail repair skills are quite useful, it turns out. Pic attached shows pretty new asym and baggy old mainsail. :-)
117631484_10159469993511062_6296545913658593865_n.jpg
Serenity
1st mate
1st mate

Re: PDQ 32 Graphics for sail and hull

Post by Serenity »

Sure... here's some graphics that were vectorized from images. SVG is a format that can be edited with the free app Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator. Most web browsers can view it.

-Dennis
Attachments
pdq32logos.svg.zip
(466.61 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
Serenity 1998 PDQ32 #34
Portsmouth, RI
http://www.sailingserenitysquared.com
Aurora
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Aurora »

Thanks, Dear :-)

Apparently, my co-captain has electronic files of graphics I didn't know about! hmmmm...I wonder what else he is hiding ;-)

Dennis was working 10 feet from me when he responded here...LOL

Still looking for the graphics for the PDQ32 Altair vinyl stickers that were near the aft steps.

Ours were in terrible shape when we bought the boat, and I painfully scraped them off...I now know they were also under several coats of poliglow, which I didn't realize back then!

A
Serenity
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Serenity »

Here's the PDQ32 logo in PDF form. You can use Acrobat Reader to print it in "poster" mode across 9 pages of 8.5x11" paper, cut it out, and trace on fabric. Good luck!
Attachments
logo.pdf
PDQ32 logo
(3.24 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
Serenity 1998 PDQ32 #34
Portsmouth, RI
http://www.sailingserenitysquared.com