Replacement ports

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
halfmoon
1st mate
1st mate

Replacement ports

Post by halfmoon »

Portside forward glass of the main cabin was leaking, had it rebedded and ended up with a cracked window. Replacement fabricated in Va also cracked after installation. Who fabricated the originals? Has anyone dealt with this problem? Suggestions please.
Alex Kehayes
Edenton, NC
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Re: Replacement ports

Post by Allezcat »

Al,

I just replaced all the windows on Allezcat, an earlier version of the 36. It has all rectangular windows which I had fabricated by a local plastics shop from smoked acrylic plastic. I fastened the windows with Sikaflex 295UV using their primer also. It is a sealant/adhesive. I also used rubber washers so the window "stands off" the boat 1/8". So far all windows look great. I don't know what shop could "form" the windows for the newer boats.

Chet
James Power
admiral
admiral

Post by James Power »

Hey Halfmoon,
I deal with the company that supplied the plexiglass salon windows for the 32, 36, and 44 PDQ's. Let me know what you need and i'll get you a price. James
halfmoon
1st mate
1st mate

Post by halfmoon »

James,
We need the forward left salon window, the only one that is curved on that side. Appreciate your reply.
Alex
Alex Kehayes
Edenton, NC
maxicrom
admiral
admiral

Post by maxicrom »

We replaced three of ours, had them made out of plexiglas in Annapolis (similar to Chet). The only comment I have is that I was going to use Sikkiflex and the guy at the plastics shop said to use GE Silicone sealer (I can't remember the exact model number - but our repair has been holding fine for over 3 three years now). Here is their info: http://www.maritimeplastics.com/index.htm

Hope this is helpful,

Mike
Mike & Linda
S/V II the Max