hand pump

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
jimlong
admiral
admiral

hand pump

Post by jimlong »

Hi all, I need to replace the hand pump for waste disposal (near the Y-valve in the aft starboard storage compartment) and wondered if anyone had a part name or number? Thanks, Jim
Page 83
admiral
admiral

Re: hand pump

Post by Page 83 »

I seem to recall you have a Jabsco, Jim, but there are three versions. You can tell which one you've got by the handle.
Sandy Daugherty "Page 83" PDQ 36026
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Post by jimlong »

Thanks Sandy, but I don't have the handle with me here and would like to order one and take it with me to Jacksonville next Month. I do remember that it was chrome with a black grip and about 12" long
Page 83
admiral
admiral

Post by Page 83 »

Start here:
http://www.jabsco.com/support/wizards/q ... ge-id-.htm
this will walk you thru identifying your head and then figuring out what you need to fix it.
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Post by jimlong »

I don't have any problem with the head, its the hand pump or diaphragm pump used to discharge waste overboard that is located in the aft starboard storage locker.
Page 83
admiral
admiral

Post by Page 83 »

Oops! Sorry. I hope someone with a hull number closer to yours has the answer.
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

I rebuilt that manual pump on Tanahkeeta 36089. It was a Whale Gusher Urchin. The service kit number is AK9003.

This is the same pump that you have in the forward lockers for bilge pump. When mine failed in the Bahamas, I used one of the bilge pumps until I got back home.
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Post by jimlong »

Thanks Ron, I appreciate the quick reply and the info!
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

Hi Jim; They are the same on Dessie too. James replaced the holding tank one a year or so ago. I could not find the invoice with the model number. I will check next time I am on the boat. Hope you are well.
Eric
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Post by jimlong »

Hey Eric, All is well on the Western front. I ordered the part from Defender and will replace the seal and diaphragm, (thanks Ron). Anyway am curious if you have replaced your fresh water pump for better water pressure in the shower. I'm not sure if the size of the pump (GPM) comes into play here or what but the pressure or spray coming out of the shower head is pathetic, any hot tips?
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

I replaced the water pump with a new one last winter. It was the biggest one West marine had in the store. It pumps water out faster than the shower sump can drain it. Along with that, I removed the poressure bladder regulator in the starboard aft locker as the rubber was broken down and it was not really working right, and added a 2.5 gallon hot water heater from Home Depot. The hot water heater was cheap and works with my Honda 2K generator. Bonnie replaced all the faucets with pretty ones. The system seems a lot better now.

Along with all that, James put in two very hagh capacity bildge pumps (one in each hull) and wired them around the breaker panel. So now I feel better about the boat being left.

I also found all the leaks into the 'water tight' compartments and starboard bildge. James resealed all teh inspection ports in the compartments. I still need to seal the hoses in the holding tank locker to fix that last leak.

The new sails have made a big difference. We were out for 10 days and had a ball. In 18 knots true wind we averaged 8.5 knots for 3 hours. We sailed about 250 miles on the Bay last week.
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Post by jimlong »

Glad to hear the new sails are working out, I know they must have put a dent in your wallet. What great timing for sailing the bay considering the heat wave coming your way and it sounds like your funometer was pegged. I wish we could have cruised with you and maybe we will in the future.