Helllllooooo Out There!!! Stack Pack???

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
NautiBits
admiral
admiral

Helllllooooo Out There!!! Stack Pack???

Post by NautiBits »

Ladies and Gents!!!

Okay, I've never gotten a response from a lady on this site, but there is hope!

I believe these boats came standard with some kind of 'jiffy flaking system'. The ropes and pulleys for this gizmo were not with the boat when I got it. There are no "Owner's Manuals" either.

So, like a few other threads of mine that have gone unanswered, I need to know what the original configuration was. What size and type of line, pulleys, etc.??

Please!?!?!

Joe Mc
Joe & Deb
s/v Cat's Meow
2000 Classic 36086
thinwater
admiral
admiral

Re: Helllllooooo Out There!!! Stack Pack???

Post by thinwater »

Folks do respond, but often we simply don't know.

On the PDQ 32 the lazyjacks were fixed but adjustible, with no provision to pull them forward for hoisting. Honestly, that is a fine system for most of us, since full batten sail flake so easily. I modified mine so that thay could be retracted (a little line and a cleat farther forward), but I seldom bother.

The original system include a line that tied to a pad eye ~ 60% hoist (one each side of mast). Hanging from that was a line with a tiny block about 4' above the boom. A bridle came up from ~ 2' forward of the boom end (tied to pad eye), over the block, and down to a point ~ 4' aft of the mast, through a pad eye to a small cleat. That's it. Google "sail lazy jack" images and you'll see many. Add "sail-delmarva" and you'll see what I did.
Writing full time since 2014.
"Rigging Modern Anchors,"Seaworthy Press, https://www.amazon.com/Rigging-Modern-A ... 1948494078
Book Store. http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/2017/ ... store.html
NautiBits
admiral
admiral

Re: Helllllooooo Out There!!! Stack Pack???

Post by NautiBits »

Thanks TW!

I'll check it out.
Joe & Deb
s/v Cat's Meow
2000 Classic 36086