Wires in the mast

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
Smj
1st mate
1st mate

Wires in the mast

Post by Smj »

At the slightest bit of motion all the wires in the mast start clanking around. Is this normal for the PDQ36 or did I get a red headed step child! Seems they would have run the wires in a chase. Any easy fixes? Thinking of attaching cable ties on the spinnaker halyard and running them up the inside of the mast, or ripping all the wires out:-). Just kidding about ripping the wires out.....I think!
amytom
admiral
admiral

Re: Wires in the mast

Post by amytom »

Mine too. I think there are chases inside the mast but would require yanking it to reroute everything. In the meantime I just turn up the music.
NautiBits
admiral
admiral

Re: Wires in the mast

Post by NautiBits »

My mast has a raceway riveted to the forward radius. It runs from just above the step to behind the steaming/deck light fixture. When I ran the wiring for the new LED anchor light, I ran it through that raceway. The old wiring had chafed through at the masthead due to interference with the halyards anyway. I have no noise from wires or halyards slapping inside the mast. I found the connector at the base of the mast corroded too. It is on my short list for a near term project.
Joe & Deb
s/v Cat's Meow
2000 Classic 36086