Cockpit locker dimensions?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
Moto
deckhand
deckhand

Cockpit locker dimensions?

Post by Moto »

Hello all!
I am in need of the interior height dimension of the aft cockpit locker. I purchased a Bosch 7 gal hot water tank to install in my 94' PDQ36 and am worried that it won't fit (too tall)! I was planning on installing it in the stbd aft cockpit locker behind the stbd outboard compartment (also curious about the hatch opening dimensions but not too concerned as I am a glassman). Anybody near their PDQ? (I'm about 1,200 miles away...)
Thanks in advance!!!
dreamcruiser
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Cockpit locker dimensions?

Post by dreamcruiser »

Hi Moto,

I measured the dimensions on my 2000 model as -
Opening = 11.75" x 20.25 ". The internal mounting space = 32"L X 30" W X 25.75"H.

Jim
sv Ah, Capella
Moto
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Moto »

Thanks Jim!
I really appreciate it! This is good news as I needed a minimum of 21". I imagine our lockers are similar. Just to be clear, the stbd locker I'm referring to is part of the cockpit seating area ( just aft and inboard of the stbd outboard locker...)
Thanks again Jim!!!
dreamcruiser
deckhand
deckhand

Post by dreamcruiser »

OK, these dimensions are for the locker where my water heater is. I'll measure the cockpit locker and let you know.
Moto
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Moto »

Great!
Thanks again and sorry for the hassle...
dreamcruiser
deckhand
deckhand

Post by dreamcruiser »

My opening is 20" long by 13" wide although if you can tilt whatever you put in there you can gain about 1/2" width due to the curved front of the lid. Inside it is 20" wide x almost 21" deep.
Moto
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Moto »

Exactly what I needed. Thanks again!
I owe you one!
Jim_D
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Jim_D »

Double tapping the answer to the question. Was on our boat today and took pictures of our back locker. Put into a word doc, summary below.

7533: Locker on left (it is closed, the motor hatch is open). My dog is enjoying the dun
7534: Inside of locker with my new water heater.
7535: Height, but there may be an inch or two farther back—this is the lip that the locker hatch fits into. I apologize for not measuring back farther. So 20” to bottom of lip plus an inch or two.
7538: Width in the back area (about 22”)
7539: Depth (29”)

The opening is 13” wide—I just put a seaward 6 gal tank into that locker and it is 13 inches wide x high and it BARELY fit into the locker. But it did fit.

Jim
Attachments
PDQ Back Locker measurements.docx
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 426 times
PDQ 36, S/V Serenity
The spaceship, not peace of mind
https://serenitysstory.blog/
Moto
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Moto »

Thanks Jim!
Sorry about the delayed response (crazy busy season up here). That is the same spot I plan on installing mine. The pics were extremely helpful for choosing the correct tank, I ordered an Isotemp spa-30 (should be here next week). I'll have to modify the opening to get it into the cavity but the cavity itself will provide ample space! Your efforts are much appreciated!