Hoist for lifting an outboard engine

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Horizons
deckhand
deckhand

Hoist for lifting an outboard engine

Post by Horizons »

Following are photos of a hoist for lifting an outboard engine which I thought may be of interest:

A side view of the hoist I have added. This is a hoist for lifting an outboard engine; it is made by St Croix Marine Products and is a standard model 175, except that they modified it for me, by adding an additional 30" to the lower section of the vertical pole.

This shows the vertical pole of the hoist, and the two brackets which support it on the two horizontal rails of the stern seat. One bracket is standard; the other was supplied by St Croix Marine as an extra.

This shows the foot of the hoist, on a small piece of "Starboard" cut to shape. The beauty of this mounting is that it was possible to bolt the base plate to the lip of the hull the curves round from the steps to the transom, with easy access to nuts on the bottom, and without the need to gain any access inside the hull, - thus ensuring no possible leakage into the boat.

This shows the outboard ready to be hoisted. My present outboard is a 5 hp (which I could probably lift), but I intend to replace this with a 15 hp (that I could not lift).

Paul & Ann Gooding
PDQ 3479 - Horizons