Winterizing A/C and Raw water washdown.

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Milky Way
deckhand
deckhand

Winterizing A/C and Raw water washdown.

Post by Milky Way »

It is relatively easy to winterize the engines by using the strainers and the pressure water system by using the empty watertank, I found it very challenging to remove hoses to address the three items in question. I have used the following now for two years. Using a 45 gal drum to hold the plumbing antifreeze, a submersable pump, 50 ft. of garden hose, a hose shut off valve attached to the end, and a rubber toilet plunger. Remove plunger handle, cut a hole through the middle and attach to hose. Now you can turn on the pump and control the flow with the valve. PLace plunger firmly over throughhull as someone turns on the a/c or washdown. Modulate the rate of flow with valve so as to minimize the spillage around the plunger. When you see the antifreeze discharge, turn off the valve and the breaker. This procedure took all of 10 minutes plus setup. I used this for the engines as well. Armin Quickert Milky Way MV34/78