convection - microwave oven

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
duetto
admiral
admiral

convection - microwave oven

Post by duetto »

hi all,

can anyone give me a make and model of a convection microwave which either you've upgraded to or which came on a newer mv/34?

we currently have a convection oven but would like to try a convection microwave.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Bob
admiral
admiral

Post by Bob »

I have an convection unit on board and I have recently seen the same model at Linens and Things. It is a Sharp brand and is stainless steel.
Bob Johnson
Hull 36045
Peace
Kama Kat
deckhand
deckhand

convection-microwave oven

Post by Kama Kat »

Hello,
We have a Sharp Model R-820BW since 2004. At that time, only this make/model fit the available space.
When you do make the switch to convection-microwave, you may want to consider modifying the electrical connection at the control pannel so you may use the microwave function off the house batteries.
Cheers,
Frank Farago
Kama Kat
Sno' Dog
skipper
skipper

Post by Sno' Dog »

Our convection-microwave oven is an "LP". It works very well in either mode. It can also run in the combined mode - both convection & microwave together (it actually alternates back and forth so as not to exceed 12 Amps draw). This works particulary well for cooking fish. We haved also successfully baked brownies several times - using the convection only. (I believe all the newer 34's - after S/N 75 - are equipped with this model.

We have set ours up so we can run from the inverter. (We just brought the plug out in front so we can switch it over to the galley outlet). For heating a cup of coffee or tea on the inverter function only, it works fine - but it does put a big load on the batteries. Of course, if the engines are running, it's no problem - it works great. It's easier than firing up the stove top, and quicker too, for a single cup of tea.

Henry Clews
Sno' Dog
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

henry,

assume lp is the make. next time you're at the boat, see if you can get a model or model number.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Sno' Dog
skipper
skipper

Post by Sno' Dog »

Will do.

Yes, LP is the make. Boat is presently in transit from Holland back to the US - expected arrival in Newport, RI: Sept 17th.

I assume PDQ could also provide this info as (I believe) they're fitting all their boats with this model now.

Henry
Baltic Adventure Web Log: http://www.geocities.com/snodoglog/07Ba ... e-Pg1.html