Entering the PDQ World

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
TraftonJordan
deckhand
deckhand

Entering the PDQ World

Post by TraftonJordan »

Hello Everyone,

We have been doing a great deal of research lately, and have come to the conclusion that a PDQ 34 is an incredibly smart buy. The forum has undoubtedly answered many questions, and has been a tremendous help. From what I have been reading, there seems to be quite a lot to be said about the ingenuity, quality, and service that comes along with the name. Times have changed, and the average boater cannot afford to run the Hatteras that is burning 25-40 gallons an hour at 16 kts. As a result, PDQ has convinced us to shy away from a traditional monohull.

We own/operate the tourboat "Carrie B," which spends her summers in Norfolk and winters in Lauderdale off of Las Olas Blvd. Many of you may have noticed her red paddlewheel or "Go to see on the Carrie B" while passing through Norfolk or Lauderdale along the ICW.

I have a few other questions about these boats, but the main one for now is this:

We are currently living at our summer home in Portsmouth, VA until the Carrie B heads south for the winter. Being that this is transient season, if anyone is laid up in the Hampton Roads area for a night, we would LOVE to take a quick look at the boat and have the chance to see one in person.

Thanks again for all the postings, and hope to hear from you soon.

Trafton Jordan
757 472 4735
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

You might want to take a ride up to Solomons Is. Sept 27 - 29 to see the PDQ 34 at Trawlerfest. Please take your shoes off because I get to take it home after the show.

I can vouch for PDQ having owned a 36 sail and now a 34 Powercat. They build an excellent product and they stand behind it.
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108