Phantom screen for cabin & metal support legs for table

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Phantom screen for cabin & metal support legs for table

Post by Ross Bowling »

Mine was the last 34 out of Whitby before they shut the doors, Hull 114. I was expecting the phantom screen on the forwaard middle opening cabin window and none materialized. I was told before I left Whitby that PDQ would refund me or arrange for it to be installed after we left.

I also was given to Plastic Supports for the table when it is dropped to be used a sleeping area. I would have thought that the metal extrusions should have been used, rather than plastic.

Any assistance I can get would be appreciated.

Ross Bowling
Vita Bella PDQ34-114
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi ross,

we had a phantom screen installed on our rear door by a local phantom screen dealer, so i assume they would also do window.

we have the short aluminium ones but if they are strong enough, why not plastic. try them.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

Post by Mishigas »

Ross, I believe our 34 has the plastic ledge (white). It does just fine as I have been on it, rough housing with my teen son, no problem. We have had two people sleep there just fine. I would be more concerned with the table strength than the lip in question. I agree, it should be fine.
Regards, Sandy Kramer MV34/68 MISHIGAS