Windshield Wiper Blade Assembly

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Windshield Wiper Blade Assembly

Post by Ross Bowling »

I need to replace the windshield wiper assembly on Hull 114. I tried my local West Marine, and the auto parts store with no luck. Anyone know the part # and who made the originals? I would hate to need to do a major retrofit. Any help will be appreciated. I need the rubber blade and the piece that holds the blade. Don't need the entire arm that attaches to the motor.
Ross Bowling
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Re: Windshield Wiper Blade Assembly

Post by Ross Bowling »

WELL..After I posted the question, I was directed to a Napa Auto Parts Store and they in fact had the part. It is Napa Exact Fit wiper blade part # 60-018-1. I bought 3 of them and they charged me $9.00 a piece + tax. Thanks to Tom Green and Henry Clews who both responded. Let's keep up the GREAT Communication that this Forum provides.

I think that I might buy 3 more in case the blades fit the Opal Cadet only made for export to Kenya :D

rb
Ross Bowling
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

Can anyone confirm that this Napa part number (60-018 -1) is still correct for replacing front window wiper blades? I have one blade that is broken.
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Post by AlanH »

I am not sure about the Napa blades but I just replaced my wipers in March. I gave up at the auto parts places, they were all to loose a fit. West Marine had some that looked like the would fit the arms but they didn't have 18 inch. I ordered some from Amazon and they fit perfect. Hopefully the link below will work. If not, they are AFI Polymer Marine Windshield Wiper Blades.

https://www.amazon.com/AFI-Polymer-Mari ... th=1&psc=1
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines
h.Mika

Post by h.Mika »

The Amazon link below (AFI) is good as well -- fit perfectly.
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

Big Thank You! I was heading to thf Napa parts store tomorrow - you saved me a trip! That AFI Polymer Marine Windshield Wiper Blade is an exact replacement for the blade on my boat.
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229