Powercats in the Keys

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Epiphany
deckhand
deckhand

Powercats in the Keys

Post by Epiphany »

Are there any PDQ Powercats in or headed to the Keys? As soon as I sell my Gemini I will be looking for an upgrade to a PDQ. I believe the best source of info is present and past owners. I live in Islamorada and I would like to share ideas and perhaps a beverage or 2 with Powercat owners.
James Power
admiral
admiral

Re: Powercats in the Keys

Post by James Power »

Hey Epiphany,

Have you talked with Rhumb Line Yacht Sales in Stuart. Besides being great people, they are PDQ owners as well as brokers.

James
Epiphany
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Epiphany »

Hi James,
I have not spoken with Rhumb Line yet but I am aware of them and I am sure I will eventually. Right now I am trying to talk to current owners of Powercats and if possible look at some. I spent some time with Bill and Fran, Forum members from Maryland, on board their Powercat last spring. That was when I really started liking PDQs. Now I am hoping for more insights. I am also planning to charter one.
Thanks!!! Dave
SHINNDIG
deckhand
deckhand

Post by SHINNDIG »

Dave,

Don't know if you're still interested, but we just brought our MV 34 back to our home in Marathon. We'd be happy to share our knowledge and experience with another potential keys PDQ owner. We love our boat and would be happy to show you around it.

Jerry Shinn
MV 34-45
SHINNDIG
Epiphany
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Epiphany »

I would very much like to catch up with you. Please contact me at epiphany396@yahoo.com. I will be in Marathon around noon.
Katlin
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Katlin »

Hi Dave
I don't know if you have heard, but Carol and Dick Tuschick and their daughter Beth Simkins, all from Rhumb Line, are organizing a PDQ powercat rendezvous in Stuart, FL on Saturday, January 28th. I believe they are hoping to asssemble PDQ owners with and without their boats and will be showing several used PDQs available for sale. Should be a great place to see some boats and talk to some owners. Dick's email is "dick@rhumblineyachtsales.com"

John Sawyer
Katlin 34/076