st600R replacement?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
duetto
admiral
admiral

st600R replacement?

Post by duetto »

hi all,

we're back on the boat and we found that the flybridge remote for the autopilot has gone to the great beyond. i'm replacing it with a wireless s100. in talking to raymarine tech support he asked me where my "gray computer box" is located. i told him i have never seen such a thing on our boat. he was insistent that it was on the boat somewhere.

our boat is a 2003 with a st5000+ autopilot master unit. does anyone know what the box he's talking about looks like or better yet where it is?

as a second choice i can tap into one of the other seatalk connectors.

thanks in advance,
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Catrina
1st mate
1st mate

Re: st600R replacement?

Post by Catrina »

On my 2004 it is in the Electrical cabinet (in front of the lower helm) on the Starboard wall. It is a 6 inch by 8 inch grey box with lots of wires coming in to it. Mine had to be repaired last year.

Mark
MV34055 - Catrina
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

himark,

thanks for the reply. based on your description,wedon't have one.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Spoff4
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Spoff4 »

I have a wireless S100 on my World Cat 27TE. Very convenient when it works, but I have replaced mine twice. As I recall a new one is only about $100. I like the remote on the World Cat because I am never far from the helm, but on a PDQ, I would be concerned that the remote was below when the captain was on the fly bridge or vice versa (Kind of like how all the wireless telephone handsets seem to migrate away from which ever room I am in.)
Great service from the company- one of the replacements was a dud and they sent me a new one via FedEx without my having to first return the dud. Make sure you have spare batteries nearby.
George and Anita, Paul and Susan
Tampa Girl
MV 34 Hull #60
Tampa, Fl