ACCUMULATOR?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

ACCUMULATOR?

Post by Ross Bowling »

Has anyone added an Accumulator to the fresh water system. I am thinking about it and wonder of there are hidden problems or just benefits.

rb
Ross Bowling
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: ACCUMULATOR?

Post by duetto »

hi ross,

we have an accumulator on our mainship 34 but none on duetto and quite frankly i don't see a difference. i think that the variable speed pump on on duetto masks any difference. not sure what pump we have on the mainship.

wait a minute, i thought you were selling....let me see, selling and upgrading :)
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Post by Ross Bowling »

i went to a 4GPM Pump at the suggestion of the Shurflow factory. I now want to increase the pressure a bit and have been told that the accumulator is the way to go. I have a variable speed pump, do they work OK with accumulators?
Ross Bowling
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

not sure of compatibility, that would a shurflo question.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Post by Ross Bowling »

Just got off the phone with ShurFlo, The Tech Support folks advised to get rid of a variable speed pump, install a simpler pump with an accumulator. I guess I have nothing to loose, have had fresh water pump problems since leaving the factory in 2007.
Ross Bowling
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

I just changed the pump to a Shurflo fixed output pump. Without an accumulator it cycles on and off rapidly with anything other than full flow (such as wide open faucet). So, I think you either use a variable flow pump without accumulator or fixed flow pump with an accumulator.

Chet
AllezCat II
Catrina
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Catrina »

I added an accumulator tank after trying many things to stop my Hot Water relief valve from dripping at times. Solved that problem but the variable Shurflo died within 6 mos and it was only 10 mos old. Went to standard pump and have had no problems

Mark
Catrina - MV-34005