lifeline builder?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
duetto
admiral
admiral

lifeline builder?

Post by duetto »

hi all,

we had an accident and did serious damage to the starboard lifeline (stainless steel). it may need to be replaced. does anyone know the source of the original rails? i know some have gotten replacement davits from the original shop.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Mary & Roger
admiral
admiral

Re: lifeline builder?

Post by Mary & Roger »

John, I heard that the Boat Yard does really good repair on stainless. Teamwork
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

Hey John,
I know of two stainless jobs that the boatyard here did that turned out well.....
Looking forward to seeing you and Diane for New Years.
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108
John&Ria
admiral
admiral

Post by John&Ria »

Hi John,

Shortly after purchasing His Idea we had a mishap with a piling which required installation of a new starboard side rail. To avoid removing all the footings we had the new rail and original supports re-welded at the dock. The repair has worked fine over many miles of use.

We had the work done by the same company that built the frame for our aft canvas, and in both cases we were very satisfied with the results. I'm not sure where you're currently located, however the firm is based in Stuart. If your interested in following up I can provide you with contact information.

Good luck with the repair....

John Evans
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi john,

thanks for the reply. your solution is my first choice. we're in marsh harbour for the winter. i'll be talking to the welder here on wed. he's the guy ron & roger referred to in other responses to this post.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23