Transom shower

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
JohnandBeth
deckhand
deckhand

Transom shower

Post by JohnandBeth »

Can someone please tell me how to get the water to come on? Is there a switch or pump? Is the water supposed to come from my tank? Also, can someone tell me the purpose of a round piece of stainless steel (looks like an opening about the size of a quarter) between the two large clam shells on the transom? Thanks for your help :)
John and Beth Grooms
Island Time
MV 34 #17
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Re: Transom shower

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Ours is plumbed into the same system as the head and galley water supply so if they are working, the transom should also. Ours has hot and cold mixer knobs at the transom shower to control flow and also ours has a dial for on and off at the actual shower head, make sure that is on. If all of that is done, you must have a plumbing issue.

Can you take a picture of the opening you are referring to and attach it to the forum for all to see? Need more info.

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
James Power
admiral
admiral

Post by James Power »

Hey John and Beth,

The round stainless steel fitting between the clam shells at the battery locker is a vent for the aft fuel tank.

James
JohnandBeth
deckhand
deckhand

Post by JohnandBeth »

James, that makes sense. Thanks so much! We still have much to learn!
Sam, I'll try to take a picture, but you'll know what I'm referring to by James's response. John and I are still learning our PDQ. Thanks for your info about the shower. Will try it tomorrow.
Beth
Island Time
John and Beth Grooms
Island Time
MV 34 #17
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

No pic required :-) I forgot this was a powercat, I was looking for the same item on my 36 sail!

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
jgonnerman
skipper
skipper

Post by jgonnerman »

Based on your hull number you may have the scanvik shower which has the single lever flow control/temp mixing valve. The valve on my boat turns water on by lifting up. Also the shower head itself has a flow control button on the rear of the shower head/handle which is a complere off/on valve. Must push this button to get any flow unlike the inside shower which allows a trickle so water stays at constant temp.
John Gonnerman
San Diego Ca
"Westend Express"
2002 34 Hull 20
Mary & Roger
admiral
admiral

Post by Mary & Roger »

Hey John & Beth. My hand held shower stayed hard to work, replaced at lowes with a plastic kitchen spray, works well.
Roger on Teamwork