flybridge steps?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
duetto
admiral
admiral

flybridge steps?

Post by duetto »

hi all,

we have one of the boats with teak steps to the flybridge. i'm thinking about replacing. does anyone know where pdq got the later steps? i assume they didn't make them.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
James Power
admiral
admiral

Re: flybridge steps?

Post by James Power »

Hey Duetto, PDQ made the later boat steps from textured Starboard. Try checking with a Local plastics shop or large boat shop. James
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

thanks james
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
jgonnerman
skipper
skipper

Post by jgonnerman »

I also have a 2002 build year boat with the teak steps. I got a price from a local plastics shop to replace with starboard however I had some concerns about the structure. I have convinced myself from looking at photos on yachtworld that later year boats have additional tube under the step. What thickness of starboard will be adequate to support the load without sagging under the weight? Also on the starboard steps are self tapping screws used or nuts and bolts?

Thank you

John Gonnerman
John Gonnerman
San Diego Ca
"Westend Express"
2002 34 Hull 20
Katlin
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Katlin »

A thought. Try contacting these folks. They build the various davit styles and might have been involved with the FB ladder.
Metaux Produits in Quebec (891)533-3222.

John Sawyer
Katlin
jbrad
skipper
skipper

Post by jbrad »

John,

Jimmy Bradley here in Pensacola. I have owned Mr Busy MV 05934 since new. She has the starboard steps and they do not have additional tubes, they span from side to side. I have had no issues with these.

Hope this helps,

Jimmy
MR BUSY