Yanmar Tachometers

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
BluNoser
deckhand
deckhand

Yanmar Tachometers

Post by BluNoser »

Happy New Year everyone from Nautical Rooster Too! While our boat was on the hard over the past few months, it seems that some moisture got into the flybridge tachs. I was aware these instruments were susceptible to moisture, but it seems my protection was not sufficient to prevent some damage. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else had had any experience with this problem, including repair or replacement with something waterproof. James tells me he has installed a plexi cover over one 41. Does anyone have any other ideas?
The Risleys
Nautical Rooster Too (formerly Calypso)
PDQ41 - Hull #11
Gadzooks!
skipper
skipper

Re: Yanmar Tachometers

Post by Gadzooks! »

BluNoser -- On our 34, we had one flybridge tach go bad. Reason unknown. Replaced it at around $200. We do have a plexiglass cover that keeps the rain off tho probably not absolutely watertight.
Mebs and Wally Gilliam
Gadzooks! MV34 #33
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

Just for info, the surface inlays (decals) on the bridge deck Yanmar instrument panels basically fell apart from exposure to the sun and elements on my PDQ 34 (hull96). After a lot of research I found these are called Yanmar type B panels but was unable to locate a source for just the sticky surface inlay until I found a source on the Cruiser's Forum. They can be purchased from Complete Yacht Services in Ft Lauderdale at $39.99 each. Telephone 954-462-6977 and ask for Robert Schmidt. Once again, these are for the remote Yanmar Instrument panels on the PDQ 34 powercat.
Chet
James Power
admiral
admiral

Post by James Power »

Hey Chet,

We went thru the same search thru Yanmar for the flybridge panel B decals with no joy. We have since had a print shop duplicate replacement decals for $ 25 each. If needed call us at 772-678-2268.

James
Mary & Roger
admiral
admiral

Post by Mary & Roger »

I used super glue, $2.50