Salon Berth Filler Cushion

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
jgonnerman
skipper
skipper

Salon Berth Filler Cushion

Post by jgonnerman »

Once again I did a search and didn't quite find the answer to this question. I bought my boat used and did not get a filler cushion for the convertible berth in the salon. My boat is an early build with the salon style with the "hard" corners. (Galley sink inboard). What do the filler cushion(s) look like?

Grandkids are now in the mix so it will now likely get used as a berth from time to time

Also and probably the reason I didn't get the filler cushion with my boat is where does it get stowed when not in use both during the day when guests are aboard and when not in use?

I did notice in the search some discussions about support legs for the table when in use as the berth platform. My boat has short aluminum legs which replace the standard lengthlegs which seems to work fine. Did the new style galley boats have a different setup?
John Gonnerman
San Diego Ca
"Westend Express"
2002 34 Hull 20
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Salon Berth Filler Cushion

Post by duetto »

hi jon,

we have hull 23. you really need long & short legs for the table. long for eating & short for sleeping. the cushion is just a mirror of side cushions cut to length. if need be i can photo ours.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Cat Daddy
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Cat Daddy »

The filler cushions are the seat back cushions when in dinette mode. Ours works like this : Lift table up and remove long legs, replace w/ short legs and reset in floor plates. Unfold table and make sure it seats properly around the edge( on the wooden supports for "bed" mode). Take the back cushion from each side and fill the gap over the table. I think the short seat cushion over the forward storage hatch is unused.
I hope this makes sense.
Rafe Williams
"Cat Daddy"
MV34 #32
thinwater
admiral
admiral

Post by thinwater »

I learned that my back did not like moving the table, and clearing the table takes effort.

I added a leaf in front of the seats, made a smaller filler, and that is enough.

My back loves it.
Writing full time since 2014.
"Rigging Modern Anchors,"Seaworthy Press, https://www.amazon.com/Rigging-Modern-A ... 1948494078
Book Store. http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/2017/ ... store.html