Aft Hatch Flaps

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Sno' Dog
skipper
skipper

Aft Hatch Flaps

Post by Sno' Dog »

Inspired by Harvey Griggs on "Cats Away", I decided to add a set of Aft Hatch Flaps to Sno' Dog. Basically a couple of 4-in x 28-in white vinyl strips above the aft cabin hatches which prevent water from dripping in on the bed when the hatches are left slightly open. Here's what they look like:
These were made up locally by G-G Canvas of Stuart for a mere $25 ea. Well worth the price, I'd say!
Henry
www.SnoDogLog.com
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Aft Hatch Flaps

Post by duetto »

hi henry,
really nice idea. i've been thinking about this for a couple of years but never got around to it.

thanks, we'll be getting a pair when we get back to stuart.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Golden
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Golden »

Sno' Dog wrote:
These were made up locally by G-G Canvas of Stuart for a mere $25 ea. Well worth the price, I'd say!
Henry - We like these and are considering the same on Golden. Question - the $25/each that you quote, was that for the vinyl pieces alone, or did that include the track, snaps, installation, etc? Or did you buy and install your own track and snaps? Just trying to get a better sense of cost before we ask our local canvas guy here on the FL West Coast for the same.

Thanks!

Paige Caldwell
Golden, MV#40/2004
Mike & Paige Caldwell
Golden, 2004 MV#40
http://www.GoldenTrawler.com
Sno' Dog
skipper
skipper

Post by Sno' Dog »

Total cost of flaps was $65 +tax. Flaps were $25/ea, + $15 for 2 pcs of track. I supplied the 6 screws and a tube of silicone sealant. I did the installation myself - while standing in the dinghy!
Here's a dimensioned drawing (can't help it, I'm an engineer):
(To view full photo, widen out your browser window.)

This works on boats with the new style davits. On older boats, you may need to adjust the dimensions to fit around the posts.

Henry
www.SnoDogLog.com