Wide Opening Front Window

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Sno' Dog
skipper
skipper

Wide Opening Front Window

Post by Sno' Dog »

In preparation for the Exumas Adventure <http://www.rhumblineyachtsales.com/exumas.htm>, I decided it was time to give Sno' Dog a wide opening front window. As others have done, I used a piece of PVC pipe as a support post. I cut a grove in the top which locks it into the window handle. On the bottom there's a piece of carpet for padding.

What's unique (I believe) about my version are the quick releases on the side support struts. This allows us to use the original partial-opening method, or to quickly release the struts and open the window fully.
I removed the original hex-head bolts and replaced them with "Ball-Lok" 3/16" x 1" Quick Release Pins (available from West Marine) which lock right into the threaded holes. I also used aluminum bushings to increase the diameter to 5/16" for the struts along with the original nylon washers. It works great! We can unhook the struts and fully open the window in a matter of seconds!

Wide open window! Good for letting in the breeze when at anchor - particularly in the Bahamas in May!

Henry
www.SnoDogLog.com