Master stateroom

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
teamwork
skipper
skipper

Master stateroom

Post by teamwork »

I have been struggling to be really comfortable in the stateroom bed, memory foam toppers, (not bad) different mattress covers, etc. the biggest problem was being able to fold the mattress back for access to engine.. I went to the Select Comfort store, and asked the salesman to deflate the queen size to see if it would fold back. After the thousand yard stare went away, and some explaining , he did.. All worked well. It's a perfect fit, and Berry comfortable.
Queen mattress w/o base. $699.00 + shipping. I got a discount, all told, $763.00 . You can try for 90 days. Roger on Teamwork. Didn't do guest stateroom, don't want guests too comfortable!!!
thinwater
admiral
admiral

Re: Master stateroom

Post by thinwater »

I'm assuming you have to deflate it to fold? Or do you just lift it, as they are very light? I have 2 at home and they have proven very durable (over 10 years) and comfortable.
Writing full time since 2014.
"Rigging Modern Anchors,"Seaworthy Press, https://www.amazon.com/Rigging-Modern-A ... 1948494078
Book Store. http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/2017/ ... store.html
teamwork
skipper
skipper

Post by teamwork »

I deflated at store, didn't think about lifting, it is light, and I will give that a try. You can get one single bladder in the queen now, fairly new, works well. Roger
jbrad
skipper
skipper

Post by jbrad »

I have tried to find a comfortable solution. Did you get a standard queen? Looking at their website, the height is 11". How did the increased height work out?

Jimmy
MrBusy Mv034
MR BUSY
teamwork
skipper
skipper

Post by teamwork »

Hey Jimmy, my mattress is 8-9 inches, least expensive of the queens, no pillow top. it is about the same as factory bed plus a 3 " topper.Roger on Teamwork
jbrad
skipper
skipper

Post by jbrad »

Thanks Rodger
MR BUSY