Open House & Owners Rendezvous

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
rlys
1st mate
1st mate

Open House & Owners Rendezvous

Post by rlys »

Hello All!

SAVE THE DATE: January 24th for our Annual Open House and Owners Gathering. Gregg Burdick of Stuart Yacht Harbor has offered to host our event once again. As in the past, we will be offering seminars throughout the day. The 34s and 41s currently on the market will be available for viewing as well. The evening will include an Owners cocktail party which will roll into dinner. There will be a FEW spots available if owners would like to come by boat otherwise there are hotel accommodations very close. Details for signing up will follow. If anyone has any ideas they would like to suggest for seminar topics please let us know. If you have questions, please email beth@rhumblineyachtsales.com

Look forward to seeing everyone!
Beth Simkins
Rhumb Line Yacht Sales
jim
1st mate
1st mate

Re: Open House & Owners Rendezvous

Post by jim »

Hi Beth, I had thoughts of several suggestions for topics at the Rendezvous. The first would deal with favorite upgrades to the PDQ 34. My idea would be to send an e-mail questionaire to current owners to rate 10 upgrades to their PDQ and a brief explanation as to why their first choice was selected. At the presentation someone who rated an upgrade as their first to third best upgrade would share their reasons for the upgrade and a little about it.
Another topic would be the top 6 repairs every PDQ 34 owner should be able to do by him or herself and how to do it. A talk of how to have the most fun and least unpleasantness on-board during a cruise. A 34 foot boat is way to small for hurt feelings and anger. Highlights of the Bahama flotilla, preferable bottom paints and the Stuart Marine solution for minimizing drive shaft vibration are other topics that come to mind.
Whatever you choose I'm sure will be great. Eileen and Jim
mckdj12
Tom Green
skipper
skipper

Post by Tom Green »

Beth

Any further planning for a rendezvous in January? Would consider coming from Seattle.
Tom & Nanci Green
Diastole
MV3499
rlys
1st mate
1st mate

Post by rlys »

Great ideas! I hope to send out an email asking about the top upgrades...I like that one!

Tom - here is the link to get more info and sign up...would love to have you join...looks like a good group already!

http://events.constantcontact.com/regis ... 7p3e0a998e
Beth Simkins
Rhumb Line Yacht Sales
jim
1st mate
1st mate

Post by jim »

Congratulations Beth for an entirely enjoyable event. The speakers were informative, well organized and entertaining and the attendees couldn't have been friendlier. Eileen and Jim
mckdj12
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Post by Ross Bowling »

Would love to hear some more about the day!
Ross Bowling
deising
admiral
admiral

Post by deising »

My admiral and I agree it was a terrific day, especially for us as very new owners. Thanks so much to Dick, Carol, Beth, and Ross for organizing a wonderful event.

As a quick recap for those who missed it, we had an informative session on the ICW by Mark Doyle who published the On The Water Chart Guides. Next, Dick Tuschick gave a slide presentation of owner enhancements to their boats - lots of great ideas. Then we had Chris & Alyse Caldwell give another informative session on life jackets of all types, followed by a quick primer on cruising the Florida Keys while we enjoyed our lunch. Dick Tuschick and James Power then went through a long list of owner maintenance items giving tips about how and when to do them and showed photos of the problems that occurred when proper maintenance was not done. Lastly, we had a brief introduction (teaser) to some of the gorgeous inland waterways of Canada.

It was the most attended Rendezvous they have ever had and if I may be so bold, slightly larger than the facility could accommodate comfortably.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade