Northern Lights exhaust elbow

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
DickTuschick
skipper
skipper

Northern Lights exhaust elbow

Post by DickTuschick »

I just finished writing a post on the Yanmar exhaust elbow, but the same thing holds true for the Northern Lights generator. The damage here from a leaking elbow can be much more extensive as the windings for the unit can be affected and the cost to remove and rebuild is significant. New stainless steel replacements are available from Northern Lights dealers.
On a similar note check your Heat Exchanger rubber boots (on front and back) to look for leaks. These units do have a limited life (6 to 10 years) and should be checked regularly.
Regular visual inspection can catch these issues before they become a problem !
teamwork
skipper
skipper

Re: Northern Lights exhaust elbow

Post by teamwork »

Hey Dick, I've been through the generator exhaust elbow rupture. if it happens to anybody, be sure to get a reputable rebuilder for generator. Mine was completely rebuilt, got to Bahamas, and it quit generating after 25 hrs.
My work was done at Marine Pro of Central Florida. Engine runs fine for whatever that's worth. They sent a voltage regulator, and set of brushes, the problem was a loose stator. Reserving further comment until I get back and see what they are going to do. They won't send anybody to Marsh Harbour. I'll be happy to let anybody that's interested about how I have been treated by Marine Pro.
Less than happy, Roger on Teamwork
teamwork
skipper
skipper

Post by teamwork »

Marine Pro of Central Florida are rip off artists. If you want the whole story call Roger @ 910-257-5977
nocall
1st mate
1st mate

Post by nocall »

Where is Marine Pro of Central Florida located?
teamwork
skipper
skipper

Post by teamwork »

Marine Pro of Central Fl. is at 2130 West King St. Cocoa, Fl.
If you need more info about these rip off artists, Call Roger Comer 910-257-5977