Yeti Coolers Aboard?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Yeti Coolers Aboard?

Post by Ross Bowling »

I just purchased a Yeti Tundra 65 for the "Heavy Lifting", which I plan to keep on the stern seat while out for extended time. Now I'm wondering if anyone has put a Yeti in the built in spot on the flybridge? If so, what size fits?
Ross Bowling
Don & Robbin
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Yeti Coolers Aboard?

Post by Don & Robbin »

Ross,
I have been shopping for a cooler that fits in the flybridge also. Check out Glacier Coolers, the 45 qt size. Friends swear they are better than Yeti's and cheaper (though still expensive). It is deeper and higher than the opening but will fit in the 24" width. The best feature is the inside height. A wine bottle with a short cork/stopper will stand up. Insert the divider to keep the ice on one side and, voila, chilled wine at your disposal on the flybridge.

http://glacier-coolers.com/store-2/#!/~ ... d=24909392

Don & Robbin
Ripple
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Post by Ross Bowling »

D-

Thx for the reply, however I gotta tell you I am sold on the performance of the Yeti Coolers. My Tundra 65 holds ice for 7 days, nice when we are out Cruising. I am at the boat and will take some measurments to see what will fit into the spot on the flybridge. I must say that it might be overkill having two aboard along with the freezer. I put a plastic milk bottle in the freezeer to help keep coolers cold. With the Yeti, I can use dry ice which might even eliminate the need to do that.

Work like a Captain, Play like a Pirate
Ross Bowling
Spoff4
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Spoff4 »

We use a Yeti Tundra on the fly bridge against the back railing for another seat facing the bow. Been meaning to see if one of the small Yetis will fit where the small igloo is now.
Agree 100% re the Yeti's unbelievable ability to hold ice. We own several.
I had a Yeti blow out of a flats boat being trailered at 60 MPH. I literally saw it cart-wheeling down the emergency lane. Thankfully no one was behind me. Yeti only has some scuff marks. One tough critter.
George and Anita, Paul and Susan
Tampa Girl
MV 34 Hull #60
Tampa, Fl
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Post by Ross Bowling »

I had a look at the space the igloo is in and I'm just not sure that a Tundra 35 will fit. I would sure like your opinion. Seems it might be a bit tall and a bit deep. I put my 65 on the rear bench seat and that works well!
Ross Bowling