Transom Shower Trim

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
lgeller
1st mate
1st mate

Transom Shower Trim

Post by lgeller »

The plastic insert that holds the showerhead in our transom shower has cracked allowing the showerhead to fall into the bilge. I was able to pull it out, but need to replace the insert. Any ideas/suggestions on where I can find this would be appreciated.

Larry Geller
PLUSH TOY
Lighthouse Point, FL.
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Transom Shower Trim

Post by duetto »

hi,

we have 2003 so i'm not sure the itms are exactly the same, but i did this job a couple of seasons ago. the exact replacement parts were no longer available but i found a set that was very close from scandvick (sp?). they are in vero, fl and have all items online. i had to open up the holes slightly to fit.

the hardest part of the whole job was getting behind the hot water heater in the port stern. you have to break the "push fit" whale fittings.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Cat Daddy
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Cat Daddy »

I also replaced ours last year. Got them from Defender, seemed to be an exact match.

Rafe
Rafe Williams
"Cat Daddy"
MV34 #32
jgonnerman
skipper
skipper

Post by jgonnerman »

I have also replaced my shower trim. Used the new plastic cups with doors from Scandvik. Their number is 12104. Fit in same hole as old cups.

By my searching Fisheries Supply has most competitive pricing on Scandvik with free shipping over $99 so I bought a new Scandvik galley faucet as well.

After stabbing myself trying to get the whale fittings off I viewed their video. It sure is easy when you know how to do it.

John
John Gonnerman
San Diego Ca
"Westend Express"
2002 34 Hull 20
lgeller
1st mate
1st mate

Post by lgeller »

THANK YOU. This forum is AWESOME.
Ortolan
skipper
skipper

Post by Ortolan »

By the way, if you only need to replace the plastic covers, those are available separately as well: Part #10252 for about $10 each. Very easy to replace - just remove the top screw of the cup, pull out the plastic tab, put some sealant on the tab of the new cover, insert & replace the screw.
Russ
Twin Sisters
PRIOR Owners of a 2006 MV34
www.esc-pod.com