Phantom Screens

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
teamwork
1st mate
1st mate

Phantom Screens

Postby teamwork » Thu May 19, 2016 3:43 pm

Found a dealer in central coastal Fl. 772-985-5821. Super nice folks. Lifetime guarantee on their screens. Office # 561-324-2444. probably better #, the other is his cell. Roger on Teamwork

deising
skipper
skipper

Re: Phantom Screens

Postby deising » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:25 am

It seems like the subject of the Phantom Screens is scattered over many topics. I will post here to thank previous posters for the lead on the Phantom Screens.

Our door screen would not retract properly, so I disassembled it to find one end of the roller rusted and the tab broken off. After 11 years in a salty environment, I was not too distressed.

I contacted the FL rep for the screens and was surprised to find that a tech comes out to measure, they make the custom screen, and then the tech installs it. It sure doesn't seem like you need a tech to install the screen, but at least that labor is built into the price ($399). They now recommend a latch, rather than the magnet. I can see where that might be best.

I will try to let you know how it all turns out in a few weeks.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade

kjoverbeck
deckhand
deckhand

Postby kjoverbeck » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:46 pm

This summer, we plan to have the forward hatch/window screen replaced, as well as the door screen. Has anyone priced the forward window replacement so we will know what to expect, generally? Duane, how did the door screen replacement go with the new latch?

deising
skipper
skipper

Postby deising » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:03 pm

Kent,

The screen door replacement just happened a few days ago after a not very good experience with their office staff losing my order and other particulars - twice! Anyway, the screen is essentially exactly the same as before, but the new latch is mechanical, with rods that spring into the locked position top and bottom. The latch is a thumb release at the door handle that pulls the rods out. So far, we like it.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade

Return to “PDQ Powercat Forum”