Double upper helm seat.

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
kjoverbeck
1st mate
1st mate

Double upper helm seat.

Post by kjoverbeck »

We found the Springfield double seat at "Overton's" for $389.99 and FREE shipping. the price was not only lower than others but they were the only ones to my knowledge that had free shipping (one vender wanted $120.00 to ship). Stuart Yachts will install it this Fall.
coast2coast
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Double upper helm seat.

Post by coast2coast »

I bought one a year or so ago. Be prepared for two things: One - check the seat very carefully for tears in the vinyl, especially at the edges where the vinyl folds around the frame. The shipping carton is not well padded and that sharp edge sits against the thin cardboard carton and any bump tends to tear the vinyl. I was alerted to this possibility by reviews on the website and I'm glad I was because the first one they sent had a tear and had to be returned. Two - the "white" is slightly off-white, but it's the only white available. It's not so off that it is extremely noticeable, but it's not the bright white that the older seats were.
Regards,
John Watts
Gold Looper 10/11/16
http://c2ccruises.blogspot.com/
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

I too need to replaced the double bucket seat on our PDQ 34. Any issues encountered when installing it?
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229
John&Ria
admiral
admiral

Post by John&Ria »

I replaced our helm seat last year. It was quite straightforward - remove the screws holding the old seat (it can be a bit awkward getting access to some of the screw heads), align the new seat and drill the necessary holes, mount the new seat. Even with the off-white (light cream) colour, it is a good match with the rest of our decor (cream and tan).

John
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

Thanks, John!
Mac Carter
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

Not only is this seat a great find, but it is 20% OFF now at Overton's -- $312 with free shipping. I can't pass this up. Our current seat is 10 years old and pretty worn out. Thanks so much for the tip!
Mac Carter