Lower Helm seat sliding bracket

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Wbr2974
1st mate
1st mate

Lower Helm seat sliding bracket

Post by Wbr2974 »

The lower helm seat on our 05 was so uncomfortable to sit on I decided to take it in to have new foam installed, while it was out I added 2 pieces of 2x4 and raised the seat up a bit. Super easy and makes a huge difference in comfort.
However after removing the seat the left side sliding bracket was not even attached to the base anymore and all the plastic parts inside were broken. That explains why the seat was also a bit wobbly..I have tried finding a replacement but nothing looks like the one we have. I could weld the bracket but then will not be able to slide the seat.
If anyone knows which bracket came with our boats or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. The foam was a great addition but won’t be any good unless I can figure out how to get the seat mounted properly again...

Bill
MV 34 075
Gusto
skipper
skipper

Re: Lower Helm seat sliding bracket

Post by Gusto »

We have a 2006 34' power cat. Our lower helm seat seemed to be too low so we wanted to raise it. We realized that we never adjusted the fore and aft position of the seat. One position worked for both sitting and standing positions. So we removed the slider and raised the seat 3". It worked great. The additional space below the seat made a perfect place to store all of our charts.

Bob MacNeill
Gusto
James Power
admiral
admiral

Post by James Power »

Hey Bill,
Have a look at Garelick for the seat slide. Failing that try Springfield.
James
Pvbeach1
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Pvbeach1 »

All,

I have decided to raise our lower helm seat as well. The problem I am having is removing the seat to access the mount. It appears that it is designed to slide forward until it slides off if the track giving full access to the mount. However, I can't figure out how to remove the slide "stops" on the tracks that would allow the seat to slide completely off. Any insight on accessing the seat mount would be greatly appreciated.
Bob & Pam Harrington
Out Of The Blue
MV 34 #57