Holding tank Monitor

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Wbr2974
1st mate
1st mate

Holding tank Monitor

Post by Wbr2974 »

I thought I would share my experience installing a new holding tank monitor.
Going down the icw I mistakenly thought my tank was maybe half full when I flushed and the “Full Light” came on.
Well I can tell you with absolute certainty that you may have 4 more flushes at most before disaster strikes..
My 05 came with a Tank Watch.. I wanted a way to really know how full the tank is to avoid this situation in the future.
I decided on a system from https://www.electrosense.com/waste-water-monitors.html.
The installation was very straightforward and I now have a very accurate way of knowing how full the tank is.
There are no moving parts to clog just a probe you put in place of the old one.
The control panel is bigger than the old light so you need to cut a new hole for it but the template is very simple.
I would be more than happy to share photos and installation tips if anyone is interested
I have no affiliation with them whatsoever but so far this is a huge upgrade for me.....

Bill
MV 34
Phenix-former-owner
Site Admin

Re: Holding tank Monitor

Post by Phenix-former-owner »

Good info, and looks like a simple installation. Their website shows they also have a fresh water tank monitor. Both of the units are $189 each.
--
tallcuss
deckhand
deckhand

Post by tallcuss »

Appears Electrosense is out of business as www.electrosense.com returns 404.

How did the monitor attach to the holding tank? Did it use the SAE J1810 5-hole mounting pattern (see https://www.maretron.com/support/knowle ... retron.pdf)?
teamwork
skipper
skipper

Post by teamwork »

Does anyone have another source? These folks are out of business.