Jabsco deck fitting for washdown systems

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
deising
admiral
admiral

Jabsco deck fitting for washdown systems

Post by deising »

I have never used the fresh water washdown on our boat. I finally tried to do so and found the deck fitting internal plastic parts to be broken. I ordered the only replacement I could find (from Jabsco) and today discovered that the twist-lock bayonet type fitting for the hose is not the same exact configuration as the old one. The new one seems to be better, but it does not fit in the existing raw water fitting.

That means I either have to buy a separate hose for my raw water and new fresh water hoses, or I have to move the hose to the appropriate fitting as desired. Since I plan to use the raw water 99% of the time, I will do that latter. I am just reporting this so you are not taken by surprise if you decide to replace either of the deck fittings.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Re: Jabsco deck fitting for washdown systems

Post by AlanH »

Duane,

I feel a bit silly asking but where is the fresh water wash down fitting? I haven’t seen it so I am either blind or it was an option that our boat does not have.

Alan
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

Same here. I am only aware of the salt/raw water washdown fitting next to the starrboard deck hatch.
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229
coast2coast
deckhand
deckhand

Post by coast2coast »

The one on my boat was close to the windshield near the fresh water fill. 2006 hull 94;
Regards,
John Watts
Gold Looper 10/11/16
http://c2ccruises.blogspot.com/
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Post by AlanH »

Thanks John. I sure don't have anything there. I think I am saltwater only.

Alan
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines
deising
admiral
admiral

Post by deising »

Sorry, folks. I apparently did not get any notices from the forum that new messages were posted.

Yes, our fresh-water connection on the deck is near the windlass slightly to starboard.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade
Thing 1 Thing 2
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Thing 1 Thing 2 »

I have tried to find a replacement plastic fitting for the deck washdown system but have not been able to find one that fits. Does anyone have a part number?
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

we had the saltwater washdown from factory in 2003. it was very hard to connect/disconnect fitting. we were at annapolis boatshow (2005 or 2006) and i happened to see the vendor and i complained, so he gave me a new one on the spot. he said that mfg had some problems but the new ones were fixed. i just looked at the newer one and it is stamped jabsco on ss deck fitting. the blue plastic hose piece has no markings.

the original one was NOT marked jabsco. it was something like naviad, anyway it has been working perfectly on our other boat for about 8 seasons. when we get to ct, if i remember, i'll see if it has manufacturer markings.

i never tried to intermix old and new components.

here are the old and NEWEST type:

original 2 prong: Jabsco Stainless Steel Quick-Release Hose Deck Mount Fitting & Adapter 31911-0000
newest 3 prong: Jabsco 31911-0002 Flush Mount Quick Connect Washdown Hose Adapter for Stainless Steel Deck FittingTHREE Prong Version
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

assuming they are still in business, here you go

https://newfoundmetals.com/product-cate ... _washdown/
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

the original quick disconnect has a reputation of being hard to connect/disconnect. this winter i did some experimenting with it. first, i shutoff pump and released pressure. then i took a dowel (somewhere around 3/8") and used it to push the blue plastic plunger , inside ss disconnect, down a couple of times. it seemed, at least in my case, to free up the plunger and made connecting under pressure much easier. i did this twice in the course of the winter.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23