New Head..

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Wbr2974
1st mate
1st mate

New Head..

Post by Wbr2974 »

I want to replace the old Jabsco head and install something new.. This may seem silly because there is nothing wrong with
the Jabsco I just want a brand new one that no one ever sat on before...
I am looking at the Marine Elegance model and I know Stuart Yachts has done a few replacements over the years.
They come in several different configurations i.e Standard, Tall, Angled or straight back,
If anyone has swapped their head can you share wich model you have?
Also I’m open to any other suggestions to other toilets that people might like.
Thanks,

Bill
MV 34 075
Chateaux
Key Largo
Wbr2974
1st mate
1st mate

Re: New Head..

Post by Wbr2974 »

Ok so everybody still using the old Jabsco..
I remember once reading an interview with Elizabeth Taylor and she said “Everytime I get divorced I change all the toilets in my house”.. I kind of feel like that..
Perhaps if these toilets are so great could you share reasons why I should just keep what I have .?.
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Post by AlanH »

Bill,

Ours works fine and when it had an issue it was easy to repair. I can see it would be easier with the one you are looking at when you have guests although using the auto flush feature regularly seems like it may fill the holding tank quicker.

Alan
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines
deising
admiral
admiral

Post by deising »

Bill,

I have not always been happy with all Jabsco products, but our toilet and macerator has worked well for us and was easy to fix when the joker valve eventually got crudded up.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade
Expatriate
admiral
admiral

Post by Expatriate »

Well, OK, maybe just replace the seat. I keep on board a spare joker valve and a spare macerator pump. The odd thing about spares is that if you have them, you will not need them. I have a lot of examples of this phenomena.