"New Style" Davit Load Warning Decal

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
PBCarter
deckhand
deckhand

"New Style" Davit Load Warning Decal

Post by PBCarter »

Does anyone know for sure what the warning label stated on the "new style" Davit arms about the max weight per arm? The only documentation I can find from the pictures of decals that were supplied by PDQ in the documents we received from the original owner says 100lbs for each arm ...but not sure if that was for our Davit structure or the original Davit structure that sometimes failed. The pictures of the decals include decals that aren't appropriate for our boat so I'm suspect that the decal collection was a generic set from PDQ and may not actually refer to our Davit.

The drawing I have for properly securing the dinghy on the "new style" Davit doesn't reference the weight of the dinghy/per arm static load which seems odd that they wouldn't have included that limitation on the drawing.

I'm guessing everyone's label has faded like ours and I'd like to update it. Hoping someone out there has something in their files that can help. Our PDQ34 is in a charter fleet and we need to keep all labels in a like-new condition and this one clearly is not.

Thanks!