do it yourself boat yard

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
island time
deckhand
deckhand

do it yourself boat yard

Post by island time »

Anyone know of a do it yourself boatyard in the southwest florida area that can lift my boat out, i"ve tried a number of yards but there telling me they cant do it because of the 16 foot 10 inch beam, Any help would or info would be appreciated.
Vinnie L 2002 PDQ Powercat 34 Hull #18
deising
admiral
admiral

Re: do it yourself boat yard

Post by deising »

There is one in Punta Gorda named Riviera marina. It was so close by boat and car that I gave it a shot. It was the worst boat mistake of my life. Do not go there!

The next one I found was Glades Boat Storage along the Okeechobee waterway - 11 hours and 2 locks away from our house by boat and almost 2 hours by car. They were fine and competent, but it was a long way to go. I don't see myself doing that again.

Next time I need the boat hauled for something, I will pay Punta Gorda marina to do it.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade
island time
deckhand
deckhand

Post by island time »

how long ago did glades do it for you, I called them last week and they told me they can only lift up to a 16 foot 9", not 16 foot 10", so hopefully they can do it for me . thank you
Vinnie L 2002 PDQ Powercat 34 Hull #18
deising
admiral
admiral

Post by deising »

Vinnie,

They hauled and splashed our PDQ in 2017. They had previously hauled and stored another PDQ 34 so they knew they could do it. I will say that the beams holding the straps come very close to the boat and it takes a few hands to carefully guide them so as not to come in contact and possibly mar the boat railings.

Being a DIY guy, it was disappointing to find how few choices we have in this region with this boat. Maybe you will have to bite the bullet and use a trusted yard to do the work.

Best of luck.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade