Black rubber window gasket material

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
DickTuschick
skipper
skipper

Black rubber window gasket material

Post by DickTuschick »

Hello to all,
All of our boats have Bomar windows that use a unique black rubber gasket material on the outside.
Like all rubber material exposed to the weather it does deteriorate over time unless very well maintained.
Any good protectant material like 303 protectant or inflatable boat protectant will help prolong the life of the material.
If you have windows where this material is too far gone so to speak, new gasket material is available.
This gasket material is available from Bomar and I recently purchased a large quantity just to make sure that I would have some available if needed.
My cost shipped here was about $4.00 per foot.
I have about 61 feet available.
The window gasket sizes are as follows:
Salon side windows: 184"
Front windows: 118"
Rear window under stairs: 124"
Rear window by piano bar: 100"
I would be happy to ship material to anyone that needs it for the above price plus shipping. Just let me know.
dick@rhumblineyachtsales.com
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Re: Black rubber window gasket material

Post by AMCarter3 »

Hi Dick,

Very generous offer. My gaskets are doing well. We do use 303 annually and it works well. But at some point, I will need to do this.
Question... what kind of sealant or glue is used for this? Or does the gasket material have a "sticky" side?
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229