Heat Craft Cabin Heater Circulation Pump

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
dstrecker1
skipper
skipper

Heat Craft Cabin Heater Circulation Pump

Post by dstrecker1 »

Whenever I run the cabin heater circulation pump it make a loud noise and vibrates a lot. Since I bought the boat it has away been this way, so I don't use it. Living in Louisiana I really don't need it, but I like to have everything broken on the boat fixed. Does anyone else have a similar issue with the cabin heater circulation pump. It is located behind the starboard engine. It appears to be running. It looks like a diaphragm pump. I would think they would use a centrifugal pump for this application.
Dennis Strecker
Hull 95/ 100s
deising
admiral
admiral

Re: Heat Craft Cabin Heater Circulation Pump

Post by deising »

Our water cooling pump for the aft cabin cooler/heater is centrifugal and on the port side.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Post by AlanH »

Ours is also a centrifugal pump and located behind the engine on the port side. We have had the boat for over 4.5 years and have never had an issue with it.

Alan
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

can you see the make & model of the diaphragm pump?
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
James Power
admiral
admiral

Post by James Power »

Thinking Dennis is talking about the pump for the auxiliary heater installed at the companionway steps. A few boats have them and yes they are loud, check that the mounting is secure. Running only while underway and the ac units when stationary should help with the sound issue.
James
James Power
admiral
admiral

Post by James Power »

Thinking Dennis is talking about the pump for the auxiliary heater installed at the companionway steps. A few boats have them and yes they are loud, check that the mounting is secure. Running only while underway and the ac units when stationary should help with the sound issue.
James