Bimini Frame & Forward Handrail Connection to Flybridge

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
MikeH
admiral
admiral

Bimini Frame & Forward Handrail Connection to Flybridge

Post by MikeH »

Hi All - my Bimini structure is solid fore and aft, but has a lot of movement port to starboard. The Bimini structure is attached to the flybridge handrail.

For the forward handrail connection port side, there's an access panel to get to the connection. My nut was missing. I installed a medium washer, small washer and a 14mm nut, and tightened it down snug, but it did not seem to help with the port and starboard movement of the handrail and Bimini. The starboard handrail nut looks like it's in place, but I'll need to cut an access to get to it. All Bimini hardware is tight on the handrail.

Because of the movement, I'm getting cracks in the fiberglass around the handrail connections.

Any suggestions for bracing the Bimini structure, or beefing up the handrail connections?

Thanks !
Attachments
20211017_141528.jpg
20211017_115033.jpg
20211017_133113.jpg
Mike Hendry
M/V Easy Riders, Gulfport FL
2003 PDQ MV 34
The Legendary Hull #29
75 HP, 3 Blade
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Bimini Frame & Forward Handrail Connection to Flybridge

Post by duetto »

hi,

you have the earlier flybridge like us. we have a diagonal strut on the starboard side which goes from the "hoop" just below the bend to the flybridge upper stern rail. this provides the laterl stability.

we won't be on the boat for 3 weeks but when we get there i will send pix if you need it.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
MikeH
admiral
admiral

Re: Bimini Frame & Forward Handrail Connection to Flybridge

Post by MikeH »

Thanks John ! I got it - I appreciate the info very much .... should be an easy fix.
Mike Hendry
M/V Easy Riders, Gulfport FL
2003 PDQ MV 34
The Legendary Hull #29
75 HP, 3 Blade