tempo fuel guage

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
duetto
admiral
admiral

tempo fuel guage

Post by duetto »

hi all,

we have tempo fuel gauge (display) on duetto, hull #23. the clear plastic cover has come apart from the body of the gauge. i'm going to try and glue it back together but failing that, is there a substitute/replacement for the tempo gauge. i have had no luck finding any source for a tempo gauge.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
makala
skipper
skipper

Re: tempo fuel guage

Post by makala »

Just ran this rodeo..

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=7656954

Replaced both. One dismounted probably because of thermal expansion due to incadescent light.
- thermal stress cycles. I thought it was a turdy kid playing Around with it at first :lol:

Good luck!
Doug
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi doug,

i was on my way to buy from west, same part number, but on the package it says "requires 2-1/8" hole". on the site both west & defender say 2" hole. i put it back. so did you measure the hole in your dash? was it 2"? if so packaging is wrong. i guess i should have taken it and returned if too big.

thanks
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
makala
skipper
skipper

Post by makala »

These fit, i believe our cutouts are just greater than 2”.

West is always more $$ but it is noce you can trial fit…..

Sorry if i made you second doubt.
Doug
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi doug,

after reading your last post i went back to west and got gauge and it fit perfectly! thanks on that.

one thing which didn't work was the "bridge" which clamps the gauge from behind. not sure what year boat you have but our 2003 must have a thicker dash because there was no threads exposed beyond the bridge. i ended up using the original bridge. i just had to elongate the holes a bit, since they changed the screw spacing.

thanks again.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
MikeH
admiral
admiral

Post by MikeH »

Hi Doug - thanks to your post with the Defender link, this was the easiest repair that I've done yet ! My old gauge also separated into two pieces. On the new gauge, I took the bridge bracket, and bent the legs outward a little so that it would settle down on the console. The new gauge fits perfectly / snugly into the existing hole.
Mike Hendry
M/V Easy Riders, Gulfport FL
2003 PDQ MV 34
The Legendary Hull #29
75 HP, 3 Blade