Flybridge Storage Locker Tips

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
MikeH
admiral
admiral

Flybridge Storage Locker Tips

Post by MikeH »

As a new owner, I'm struggling with how to get the flybridge locker storage organized and secured. Does anyone have any tips? What are you storing up there? Thanks !
Mike Hendry
M/V Easy Riders, Gulfport FL
2003 PDQ MV 34
The Legendary Hull #29
75 HP, 3 Blade
deising
admiral
admiral

Re: Flybridge Storage Locker Tips

Post by deising »

One tip I will give you is to be careful storing flimsy plastic jugs such as water (distilled for batteries or drinking). They need to be cushioned and secured against abrasive movement or they will quickly wear holes and leak. I use plastic milk crates with an old towel folded under the jugs.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Post by AlanH »

We keep extra life jackets and a small round gas grill in there. Mostly dead space.

Alan
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi,

this is one of those things that are of the mars vs venus things. most of the folks here are 2005+ and have the newer flybridge. i think you have the old flybridge which is totally different from the newer model. you have the wrap around seat on the port side. we have an igloo there that holds flares, life jackets (in port), and assorted other STUFF. in the locker behind the wheel we have plastic tubs from walmart (wet suits, sand shoes, etc). we have cup holders and mesh bags on the sides of cockpit.

by the way, i think we saw your boat when we went up to caladesis. we're in longboat key for the winter. maybe we can get together next season when we venture north of the bay.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
MikeH
admiral
admiral

Post by MikeH »

Thanks Duane, Alan and John ! ... you are right again - I do have the older model with the large console / locker under the flybridge helm. I inherited Bargain Bill's ingenious system of Coca-Cola racks and milk crates. I tie these together and tie them off to the brackets that hold the LP tanks, but everything still slides around in rough weather. I'll add in some plastic tubs, and see if I can get enough stuff in there there it won't slide around too much.

I'm planning on heading out in mid-April for a slow trip around to join up with the PDQ Flotilla in St Augustine, and hope to meet up with you all along the way !
Mike Hendry
M/V Easy Riders, Gulfport FL
2003 PDQ MV 34
The Legendary Hull #29
75 HP, 3 Blade
Nick
admiral
admiral

Post by Nick »

We have an ‘05 and use plastic milk crates for space at upper helm. As an aside, we have the double helm seat and while I’m not a “huge” person, I find I need to remove the seat to easily get into that space to access or organize it. Not hard to remove, but I don’t put things I might regularly want in there. There is a ton of space up there once you get into it!
Nick & Barb
Catsaway
2005 PDQ34 #66
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

Because it can get wet /damp inside the flybridge helm space, we put interlocking Dri-Dek Marine 1'x1' Interlocking Tiles down on the entire space. They work exceptionally well to keep gear dry and prevent mold.

See West Marine: https://is.gd/cfx4tI or or Amazon: https://amzn.com/dp/B07V54ZT3T
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229