Transducer Location(s)

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Nick
admiral
admiral

Transducer Location(s)

Post by Nick »

We have lost the depth reading on our Garmin plotter. Just blipped out! We still get depths from our Raymarine sounder and I know that transducer is located under the head access panel on the starboard hull. I can’t find the other one, but believe it to be on the port side. It’s not in the obvious spots under galley access panels. Before twisting myself into a pretzel to look elsewhere, I’m curious if there was a “common” install point on the port side.
Nick & Barb
Catsaway
2005 PDQ34 #66
deising
admiral
admiral

Re: Transducer Location(s)

Post by deising »

Our port transducer is under the refrigerator space.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade
PDQfan
deckhand
deckhand

Post by PDQfan »

Ours too is in the cabinet beneath the refrigerator. There is an access panel at the bottom.
Bryan & Lori
"Island Time"
'05 MV 34 #74 100hp
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

My port transducer is under the floorboard in front of the sink in the galley.
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229
Nick
admiral
admiral

Post by Nick »

Eureka! And there it is underneath the fridge space. Thanks guys. Looks like it’s a thru hull fitting so something I need to look at out of the water. Wonder why it just blipped out as all wires seem well connected. Maybe it’s an age thing….I’d understand that!
Nick & Barb
Catsaway
2005 PDQ34 #66
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Post by AlanH »

Nick,

When my my transducer had problems it was going in and out for a while then completely quit. A new transducer at the next haul-out fixed the problem. Mine is also under the refrigerator.

I put a second, inexpensive depth finder with the transducer inside the hull under the floor in the head as a backup.

Alan
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines
Nick
admiral
admiral

Post by Nick »

Just to close the loop, Garmin guy told me transducers have a useful life of up to around 15 years. He was not surprised mine had just quit. Will rely on my surface mount Raymarine and replace thru hull transducer at next haul out. My lesson is always have a redundancy when it comes to depth sounder and consider replacing an aging transducer (even if working) if going to Bahamas!
Nick & Barb
Catsaway
2005 PDQ34 #66