BougeRV Portable Freezer

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
bjgin
skipper
skipper

BougeRV Portable Freezer

Post by bjgin »

Many of us ordered the BougeRV portable freezer in January at the PDQ Owners Gathering. How has it worked for you? For us the freezing has
not been good. Example... On the bottom of the freezer I had some pork chops. Right beside it was a freezer bag of spaghetti sauce I had made. After a few months in the freezer, the spaghetti sauce was solid as a rock. But the pork chops that were right beside it, were not frozen AT ALL. I, of course, threw the pork chops out. So it seems there are dead spots in the freezer that don't work at all. Has anyone else had these issues?
BJ and Ginny Patterson
2004 PDQ MV34, #40, 110 Engines
FantaSea IV
The Villages, FL
PDQfan
deckhand
deckhand

Re: BougeRV Portable Freezer

Post by PDQfan »

I have been using mine for refrigeration (drinks only) and from a cooling perspective it has worked great in the south facing FL sun all winter and spring. One problem I had is that the digital display became so faint it was unreadable in sunlight. My unit sits behind the helm chair so it's somewhat exposed to the elements and I am wondering if rainwater got in there. I emailed BougeRV and they sent me a replacement display, no charge. I have yet to install the display as I was waiting on wiring a 12V outlet where the small white cooler sits so that I can fit it in there where it will be a little more protected. Overall, and for the price, I am happy with it.
Bryan & Lori
"Island Time"
'05 MV 34 #74 100hp