Congrats

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
MV Dana Louise
deckhand
deckhand

Congrats

Post by MV Dana Louise »

Congratulations to the crew at PDQ for getting the forum up. May we hope to have an active board that we can all enjoy and benefit from.

Our 34 is currently in Miami and our next cruise will be in June to Key West, Dry tortugas, then on to a yard between Fort Myers and the Stuart area for summer dry storage [any suggestions appreciated].

From our experience to date we most like our decision to run 110 V to the flybridge where we use a 'george forman' type grill for cooking.
This really makes it simple to enjoy meals up there with no hassle.

Here's hoping we all meet one another eventually as we cruise our PDQs.

MV34 Dana Louise [#32]
Stray Cat
1st mate
1st mate

Congrat's all around

Post by Stray Cat »

Congrat's to Salwa and the PDQ crew on the new forum!

Congrat's to Brian on taking my advice and selecting PDQ. We spoke by phone - at Rob P.'s suggestion as you were making your selection.

Interesting about your 120V grill on the flybridge! I built an alternative mast; folding, on centerline above the door, strong enough for my 70 pound radar, which includes a table that covers the doorway below. On that table I place one of the rectangular $50 Weber propane barbeques, presently powered by the disposable containers. This stores in a forward locker when not in use, and the propane containers store in a milk crate by the regular propane bottles. I might fit a propane hose bye and bye. I also might fit one of the permanently mounted fancy units, if we get tired of the portable. One added feature of the portable of course remains that it can go to the beach in the dink.

An even more ambitious project will be designing and building a hard top over the main deck, level with the aforementioned table and the flybridge upper handrail, and extending from side to side, forward to the pillar between the side windows and aft over the steps. In rain country here that will provide a much friendlier entrance and deck. Perhaps we will move away from our covered moorage!

We delivered our own boat, from Whitby across the Great Lakes to Sturgeon Bay WI, thence by truck to Portland in Aug. - Sep. '02. I spent the winter crafting the aforementioned mast and installing the radar/GPS/chartplotter, fathometer, fancy radios and such. (I still haven't installed the SSB, which will be used for weatherfax, email and cruisernet.)

Summer '03 we took the boat over the Columbia bar and up the Washington coast, down the Straits of Juan de Fuca to our summer port of Pleasant Harbor, WA, for a fabulous summer cruising the Puget Sound area. Back home to Portland in Sep. 03. Sadly, family issues will prevent our return to Puget Sound this summer, but this will only postpone our plans for extensive exploration of the fabulous cruising up the Canadian west coast, and possibly some runs down the coast to Mexican waters.

Cruise safely and go far,

Candy and Gary
Candy Chapman and Gary Bell in Stray Cat, MV34 hull 12