Cleaning of A/C coils

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
boonesh
deckhand
deckhand

Cleaning of A/C coils

Post by boonesh »

8)[color=indigo][/color]
Cleaning out the lines on the condensers for the air conditioners. You need to clean them around ever 6 months, they start to close off. The way I do it is to circulate muratic acid or another solution such as barnacle remover, through the lines.

I put a small submersible pump with a short 5/8 plastic line, the size of line for the air on the boat, with a line connector in the opposite end of the pump. I detach the incoming water line from the thru hull and connect it to the line with the connector on the pump and clamp them.

I have installed a three way valve on the overboard discharge line, to recirculate the solution, with a 5/8 hose attached to reach past the hot water heater and to a 5 gallon bucket that I put my solution in. It is way too hard for me to crawl back in and pull the line off the thru hull each time. Once all that is done I turn the pump on and recirculate the solution through the coils for 1/2 to 4 hours, depending on how dirty the coils are.

This would be much easier if set up at the factory in some form.
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi,

assume you have the same setup for front a/c unit.

also, what concentration of muriatic acid do you use?

john cummings

duetto mv 23