PDQ 3rd Flotilla and PDQ U a great time...

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

PDQ 3rd Flotilla and PDQ U a great time...

Post by Mishigas »

Just got back from 16 days of PDQ heaven. We went up to Whitby the Friday prior to PDQ U and provisioned our new "Mishigas". The boat is extremely comfortable and very livable. The folks at PDQ did an outstanding job of getting everything right and right down to finest details. PDQ U was well done and the program really helps get all the owners oriented with the systems and best practices on this vessell. Heidi and I really injoyed meeting everyone in attendance and I am sure have forged some lasting relationships with like minded PDQ'rs. The flotilla was simply a BLAST. With Dick and Carol from Rhumbline (a terrific PDQ dealer in Fla) and James and Jackie from PDQ assisting the planning, technical service and implementation of the trip, eveyone had a great time. The crossing of Lake Ontario was as smooth as glass (got lucky on that one) and the NY canal system is just plain "eye candy". We all became expert lock hands in short order and after 34 locks in 3 days, we could say "seasoned" lockers. The Hudson River was also a pleasure to navigate and it's hard to keep your eyes on the task at hand when you are passing such incredable estate homes perched on high bluffs overlooking the waterways. Of course the radio banter with fellow PDQ'rs kept everything very lively, funny and informative. Entering NYC was moving and the sight of this city from the harbour is awesome and inspiring. It also happened to be "Fleet Week" and the next day we watched a parade of US Naval military might enter the harbour with the carrier Kennedy as part of the fleet.....Huge ship with all the sailors on deck in their dress uniforms. Very cool. The trip down to Cape May NJ was also interesting and educational, the day started out with a calm sea but built as we traveled off shore further south, we all decided to turn "inside" at Atlantic City NJ and take the inside route the remaining way to Cape May. Well.....We found every bit of skinny water in New Jersey. Even with our shoal draft PDQ's, 6 of the now seven boats rubbed bottom at one time or another. Mostly we could work our way off with a combination of throttles and basically just walk off. I grounded once with no such luck but a very nice gent in a new jet ski was able to help me off the bottom with just a bit of extra pull. Cape May was nice and we all injoyed a fine meal together at the lobster house. Next morning up he Deleware Bay was a bit hazy but the seas were very calm. ...Untill we got to the top of the Chesapeake Bay and the afternoon "Duster" came through. We simply hid out in the lee side of the wind in a cove and waited for the storm to subside. We did have a bit of chop travelling to Annapolis but these boats handle the 'stuff" very well. Really we found that by keeping the speed up a bit smooths out the ride quite well. In Annapolis we had slips waiting for us courtesy of Annapolis Sailyard. This was Memorial Day in downtown Annapolis and the harbour was a very busy place and fun to watch. If not for Annapolis Sailyards ability to get us a place to tie up....We would have had to look elseware for moorage. After a cocktail party abord our boat
(these boats really can entertain some people, I won't say how many as I don't want to jeopardize any warranty I have... ;) It was then time for the farwell dinner at the Chart House as the group would be breaking up the next morning. All that I can say is that this trip took me back to "Summer Camp". The friends we made, the folks we met. the places we saw, the laughter we shared made it very difficult to say goodbye. But Heidi and I realize that this really is not goodbye but the begining of our "good times" on Mishigas and we are sure we will be getting together again with our new found friends. I would like to say, "Thanks PDQ for having the foresight to put a trip and an adventure together like this...It's truly unique..."
Sandy & Heidi Kramer MISHIGAS 34 POWERCAT Hull #68