Engine overheating

Post here issues with diesel engines on PDQ yachts
wrnole
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Engine overheating

Post by wrnole »

Per Mastery Yanmar in Saint Petersburg, FL. The HE core is to be installed with the "Air Vents" in the top position. This will place the "shield openings" on the bottom. As I stated in an earlier post, the HE core in my starboard engine was installed in the opposite position (shield openings on top). I now wonder if my port engine HE is installed correctly. I guess I'll be checking soon.

Richard
Soul Sauce Hull #24
John&Ria
admiral
admiral

Re: Engine overheating

Post by John&Ria »

Richard,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We've just returned from an extended cruise (Alaska) and haven't been on the Forum for a couple of months.

It seems you had the same issue we did, and the information you received from Yanmar appears consistent with the HE reinstallation we made. Since this fix we have travelled more than 2600 miles, most of it at fast cruise, and when warmed up the starboard engine remained at 175 degrees thoughout.

I would be curious to know if you find a similar issue with your port engine. Ours now runs a few degrees warmer than starboard but not enough to be concerned about, and overheating on this engine has not been a problem when the boat is run at WOT.

Cheers,

John