Mid-Chesapeake PDQ Get-Together?

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
SeaPaws
1st mate
1st mate

Re: Mid-Chesapeake PDQ Get-Together?

Post by SeaPaws »

I would be interested in a copy of the rafting guide,Sandy. Would we be permitted to raft as a past PDQ owner? We do love the PDQ's and have projects to discuss?
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Sandy,
Send it to me at sdensler@mac.com and I will post it on the www.pdq36.com web site.

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Page 83
admiral
admiral

Post by Page 83 »

I just sent the SOS Skipper's Handbook to Sam to post on http://www.pdq36.com

Okay folks, your call; is it OK for DESERTERS to join us with their FLOATING ISLAND? If he has a whopping big anchor I'll vote yes, but thats just one vote. Think of Sea Paws as a kind of lightning umbrella for the rest of us.

Here's a tidbit from the Handbook:

A. Upon arrival at the raft location, the
raft captain is contacted. The raft captain will direct the boat’s position in the raft and advise
if it is to be an anchor boat. He or she may request a stern anchor or bow to stern anchoring.
All maneuvering in the vicinity of the raft should be done at minimum speed.
B. Bow, stern and spring lines should be ready in addition to a minimum of two fenders. The
spring lines should be approximately the length of the boat, while the bow and stern lines
can be somewhat shorter. All lines should have a loop in one end, preferably an eye splice.
The looped end should be handed, not thrown, to a crewmember on the receiving boat. The
fenders should be placed near the widest part of the beam, which is where the boats will
make contact once the raft is completed.
C. The skipper is the only person who should give direction to his or her crew. Other skippers
and crew should direct their comments and suggestions to the boat's skipper only.

D. Spring lines should be tightly cleated, while bow and stern lines should be given some slack
to avoid jerking adjacent boats. Spring lines should be used to adjust the fore-and-aft
positioning of the boat to provide separation between the spreaders of adjacent boats.
E. Even if not designated as an anchor boat, the boat's anchor should be made ready to let go in
the event of an emergency.
F. The skipper should ensure the boat's holding tank is in operation while within the raft.

Like I said, SOS has been at this stuff for a while
Sandy Daugherty "Page 83" PDQ 36026
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

Bonnie and I are back from the Dominican Republic, getting married, and will be around the rest of the summer. Just let us know where and when.
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Posted on the www.pdq36.com site.

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Dan White
admiral
admiral

Post by Dan White »

Sandy

re: [quote] I would be glad to email it (1.5 MB) to anyone who is interested in forming a raft. [quote]

I'd love to have a copy. Thanks.

Dan.White@comcast.net
Page 83
admiral
admiral

Post by Page 83 »

Sandy Daugherty "Page 83" PDQ 36026