Anyone going to the Annapolis boat show?

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
philiprmcgovern
skipper
skipper

Anyone going to the Annapolis boat show?

Post by philiprmcgovern »

Margaret and I are planning to go -- our first trip to Annapolis -- and would love to meet up with any fellow PDQers who are there. If you are going, let us know. Thanks.

Phil McGovern
s/v Sunshine
philiprmcgovern@gmail.com
317-366-8083
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Re: Anyone going to the Annapolis boat show?

Post by eepstein »

Bonnie and I will be there Thursday and Saturday. We are also kicking around the idea of having a PDQ cookout at our house there on Friday evening after the show. James Power should be down, and there are quite a few local PDQ owners. I'll post more on that if there are a few takers.

If you are going by boat and want to reserve a T head, such as at Mear's marina, you should call now to reserve space. The creek I am on is 5 miles from downtown, but quiet and away from the craziness. (Fishing Creek).

Eric and Bonnie
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
philiprmcgovern
skipper
skipper

Hi, Eric:

Wow! That cookout sounds like a real winner. If you do decide to do it, please let us help with the arrangements. Since we're in IN for the summer and the boat is in FL, we won't be coming by boat. We will most likely drive to Annapolis -- although, we might decide to fly. Either way, we'll have a car there and will be delighted to help with the logistics of putting it together.

Let us know what you decide. We look forward to seeing you, your bride and lots of other PDQ faithful in Annapolis.

Best wishes.

Phil
s/v Sunshine
Bargain Bill
skipper
skipper

Post by Bargain Bill »

We'll be at the power boat show Thurs and Fri.
Arriving by boat, I'd like some anchoring suggestions that will give us dingy access to the show area or a water taxi connection.
We'd be happy to conrtibute to a cookout - - just let us know.

Bill & Fran Carlson
Easy Riders MV 34 #29
Bill & Fran Carlson
Easy Riders MV34 #029
Ocean City, MD
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

There are quite a few options. Mooring balls in town, if you can find one are your best bet. If you anchor off of the Naval Academy, the bottom is hard so ensure you anchor is holding well. Lake Ogleton is a good spot for quiet, but need a dinghy to get to town. Fishing creek is where we are. Its also quiet but a too far to walk, and a little far for a dinghy. Back creek gets crowded for anchoring. Mears is a great place to rent space on the T head, and an easy walk. But you need to reserve a place early. Other Back Creek marinas are good as well, and if you are on the wrong side from town, you can take your dinghy across to 6th st to tie up and walk - or dinghy to Spa creek. If you don't mind a cab, the Magathy, and South rivers offer great marinas.

We plan to do the cookout on the 9th. My house there has renters coming on the 11th so unfortunately we can't do a party the week of the power boat show.

Hope that helps.
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
Annapolis, MD
Poco Loco
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Poco Loco »

I'm planning on going to the show (32 Altair #47) from Michigan and would love to attend the cookout and meet some other owners.

Gerry Meridith
philiprmcgovern
skipper
skipper

Gerry:

That's great. We'll look forward to seeing you there.

Anyone else going?

James?

Phil McGovern
s/v Sunshine
James Power
admiral
admiral

Post by James Power »

Hey Phil, looks like I'll be in Annapolis for a couple of weeks and definitely going to the party. A big thanks to Eric and Bonnie for putting it on !! See you there. James
MagicDragon
skipper
skipper

Post by MagicDragon »

Eric & Bonnie, thanks for hosting this gathering! We planned on driving from Ohio to the show on Thursday (we have friends in town and stay with them for this annual outing) and would love to attend your gathering and meet more owners. We'll be happy to bring something, let us know the need - 440-773-6413, but count us in -
http://www.MagicDragonPDQ.com
Angela Barbati
S/V Magic Dragon 36054
near Cleveland, OH
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

Thanks for the offers. So far I think we are at about 11-14 people. We'll have hot dogs, burgers, beans, drinks, etc. Feel free to bring a side dish, drinks, or anything you'd like. The address is 1328 Fishing Creek Road, Annapolis, MD 21403. We'll have a BBQ, a fire pit, and space indoors and out - so there will be no weather issues.
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
Annapolis, MD
thinwater
admiral
admiral

Very cool!

Post by thinwater »

I'm in.
Writing full time since 2014.
"Rigging Modern Anchors,"Seaworthy Press, https://www.amazon.com/Rigging-Modern-A ... 1948494078
Book Store. http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/2017/ ... store.html
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

Post by Mishigas »

Heidi and I would love to hob-knob with our fellow PDQ bretheren. Thank you Eric and Bonnie for being so gracious. Our boat is moored just across the South River in Selby Bay so we would love to attend. Of course we will bring a side dish and are looking forward to meeting you all. Has a time been established?
Thanks, Sandy & Heidi Kramer MV "MISHIGAS" PDQ-34 Powercat Hull 68
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

The time is from 5 to 9pm. I posted an invitation under the PDQ Trip/Destination forum: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1848

We look forward to meeting everyone.
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
Annapolis, MD
Marc Gershel
admiral
admiral

Post by Marc Gershel »

Thanks for the invitation. We will try to come.

One more good anchoring option is Weems Creek, in West Annapolis. The best part of this is that it is across the street from the Naval Academy Stadium, where the free shuttle runs into town.
There are also about 8-10 moorings belonging to the Naval Academy that can be used, if they are empty. Otherwise there is plenty of anchoring room with good holding, and a dinghy landing at the end of the street.
Marc 36021