Storage

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
jordic
deckhand
deckhand

Storage

Post by jordic »

Checking in to see if anyone has any recommendations on boat storage/haul outs in North or South Carolina? Would be nice if close to major airport. Allez Cat is now in New England Boat Works in Newport RI (now owned by Safe Harbor) and I am looking to mover her a bit more south. For what it's worth, I've now been at NEB for three winter seasons and if you ever need a marina they are great!
Jordi
thinwater
admiral
admiral

Re: Storage

Post by thinwater »

You might want to investigate insurance. Many have a BIG jump south of the VA/NC border due to huricane risk.
Writing full time since 2014.
"Rigging Modern Anchors,"Seaworthy Press, https://www.amazon.com/Rigging-Modern-A ... 1948494078
Book Store. http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/2017/ ... store.html
Marc Gershel
admiral
admiral

Post by Marc Gershel »

I don't know if Philly is far enough south for you, but there is a great marina in a state park up the Delaware River. I wintered my PDQ 36,Here's 2 Life, there for many years. It's in Neshaminy State Park. I think It's called All Seasons Marina, but I'll check that out if you're interested.
Marc
Last edited by Marc Gershel on Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marc Gershel
admiral
admiral

Post by Marc Gershel »

By the way, it's right off I-95 which goes straight to Phila International PHL
Marc
jordic
deckhand
deckhand

Post by jordic »

Hi Marc,

Did you haul out or stay on the dock? If on the dock, are they floating? Do you recall pricing? It looks like a quite yard... Thanks for the info!
Marc Gershel
admiral
admiral

Post by Marc Gershel »

Hi Jordi, I only went there for the winter to get hauled out. The Delaware Rv. is not for sailboats.The docks are floating. The last time I wintered there was about 4 years ago, and I think I paid about $1400 for in & out, and power wash the bottom. At the time you could do your own work or call in an outside contractor. For me it was only about 15 min. from my house. I don't know if they're open now but you could call and talk to Carl, if he hasn't retired. He may even remember me. I think I was the only catamaran sailboat.
Regards Marc 267-250-7290
jordic
deckhand
deckhand

Post by jordic »

Hi Marc,

Thanks for all the information. Plans keep on changing, but I appreciate you sharing opinion.
Jordi